Away in a manger, No crib for His bed
The little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head

The stars in the bright sky looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay

The cattle are lowing the poor Baby wakes
But little Lord Jesus no crying He makes
...




This Christmas season I truly wanted to stress the reason, why we celebrate Christmas…We have been talking to my children on a daily basis of why we celebrate this special day. Although Santa is very giving…he is not the reason we celebrate Christmas. My kids do believe in Santa, but at a young tender age they know that Christmas is Jesus' birthday…they know (memorized) the story of Jesus and how Mary and Joseph traveled 100 miles from Nazareth to Bethlehem. They know that the Angel (Gabrielle) visited the Virgin Mary. They know that 3 Wise men followed a star to see Jesus and gifted him with Gold, Frankincense, and myrrh. They know Jesus Christ was born in a manger. I feel so blessed that at such a young age, in this day in age, that my children are able to learn and understand to some degree the TRUE meaning of Christmas. They may not know everything verbatim, but they do know the basics.

With that said, We spent our Christmas Eve…together as a family. We reflected about Jesus and his birth, we made Thank You/What I like about you cards for every member in the family, we had a Christmas Eve feast, we made some cookies, we opened one gift, and  watched a movie.

As a mother I always stress to my children that they need to be appreciative…even if what we receive is not tangible. We live in a time when kids have the what about me/I want, I want, I want attitude (without even saying thank you)…and quite frankly, I am not about that. The mister and I have been making it a point to express how thankful we are and we have been going over what is to be thankful and how we can show appreciation…so I decided that this Christmas we are going to make cards that state either what we are thankful for or what we like about each member of our family. I feel as it important to share positive thoughts with each other and what better way to express them by making a card for someone.


Here is our little wall…We had fun making them and I hope we can add more to this wall come December 2014. 

Merry Christmas Everyone…don't forget why we celebrate Christmas…


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.